CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September in Review

WOW- where did the month go. We (Evan and Ashlyn Grace) started school August 25, 2009, and I feel like I blinked and we're rolling into October. WEW...

In September we started off signing up for Winter Baseball for Evan. With practices on Tuesday and Thursdays, that pretty much ruled out Karate for September. So we had a couple private lessons and Evan passed his belt test this past Saturday and is VERY excited about receiving his Green Belt (the next time we can make it to class). Ashlyn Grace and Colson both started back at Sun Country...that's where Gracie takes "gymnastics" class once a week and Coly and I do a "gym" class together. Both of them LOVE their class and Mrs. Debbie! Then Fridays roll around and it's Musikgarten for Coly, Braxton and Mommy. Oh yeah- and I'm involved in a Beth Moore Bible Study at our church every Tuesday as well (I'm loving Esther). SO our week is: Monday- homeschool, Tuesday- Cornerstone, Bible study, pick up kids, homework and dressed for ball when Daddy gets home, Wednesday- Cornerstone and errands...this is a good day to "try to catch up" on things, pick up kids, and have a Family dinner, Thursday- homeschool, AG and Coly to gym, get ready for baseball/Daddy pick up and review spelling words before bed, Friday- Cornerstone, music class, lunch, nap and pick up kids. It really doesn't seem like so much- but I honestly dono where the days go, much less the weeks. Braxton turned one at the beginning of this month and Evan had a playdate with a friend from his class and Daddy at Skate Station ALL day last Saturday (after the belt test). And NOW September is coming to a close and I'm starting to freak out about all that is to come with October, November and December. Breathe Bridget...one day at a time. I miss the less-packed summer days!!!

Ashlyn Grace is LOVING school and making friends. She loves to tell us who "came off the heart" at school today (and to clarify that SHE did NOT). Our little Sweetie Petie has not had a class room infraction (i.e. having her name removed off Mrs. Nick lamanated heart) thus far in her K-4 career! AND, much to our pleasurable surprise Evan went through 4 (YES F-O-U-R) weeks of school without losing his "critter" (the 2nd grade behavior modification system). SO last Friday I took the whole Flock to Toys-R-Us to reward this AWESOME behavior and let them all pick out a little something. Wouldn't you know it...this Tuesday Evan lost his critter for the first time within the last 30 minutes of school. AHHHHHHHHHHHH Oh well...I'm still so proud of him for keeping it this long....see Evan has the "cannot stop talking" also known as the "gift of gab" gene from his Mommy!!! ;)

Colson has adjusted to having the house all to himself 3 days a week and seems OK with no Evan or Ashlyn Grace around. Braxton isn't old enough to really play with yet...but he sure does like to knock down Colson's lego towers and have "a turn" with whatever toy Colson is coveting at the time! Ahhhh the sounds of boys and their toys...I know I will miss that when Braxton starts school. What will I do with a quiet and empty house??? (but I try not to think of it too often - as John calls that pre-worrying) I'm sometimes the Queen of Pre-Worrying!

But overall when I look back on this month I'm a little sad...where does the time go?!?!? I got Evan's school picture proofs and he looks like SUCH a BIG boy. The other day it dawned on me that he's in the SECOND GRADE now and will be going to secondary school soon, and not wanting to give Mom hugs and kisses at night, and then he'll be driving...ahhh. But seriously, for some reason his school picture really drove home the reality that he is becoming a Big Boy...that TRUTH stirs up much emotion for Mommy. Couple that with the fact that the Baby (final Fleming Baby) turned one this month and you have the formula for a few teary showers...(the best place to let it all out and not alarm anyone). I can see, before my very eyes, my Season of Mothering evoling and changing right before my very eyes...what does the Mommy of Big Kids look like, how does that feel, hum?!?!? (oh how I have LOVED and ENJOYED these four PRECIOUS babies God has entrusted to our care - who are now turning into little people much faster than I am comfortable with). And as much as I would like to keep them all young, and under my wings, I know that God has great plans for them...to build them up and grow His word within their hearts.

Jeremiah 24:6-7: My eyes will watch over them for their good... I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.