(where did the time go)
I VIVIDLY remember how he didn't want to nurse...he just wanted to sleep. Of course, it didn't help that my milk didn't come in quickly...so by Friday (he was induced on a Tuesday, to try to make sure we didn't have another 9 pound 3 ounce Baby like Colson) poor Braxton peed crystals. I TRIED to supplement with formula Thursday and Friday- but he would have nothing to do with it. Then our WONDERFUL neighbor (and pediatrician) came over and gave me strict orders to stay in my room, in the bed with Braxton and nurse him and love on him and NOT to think/worry about anything else (she knows me pretty well huh). She was SO SURE my milk would come in, that I started to believe it would. And wouldn't you know it- Saturday morning there was MILK. I don't know that I've EVER had SO many emotions in a 5 day time period as the 5 days from Braxton's birth to Saturday when I could finally feed my baby!!! Forget the fact that I had raging hormones after giving birth, throw in my body letting me down and having NO control of it...wew...I'm just glad to say it was short lived and our Baby Boy who started out at only 8 pounds has quickly caught up and surpassed his two older brothers (even using the weight of Evan's 15 month check up).
He's been walking since the DAY before his 10 month birthday...and I just keep hoping that he will start to shed some of his rolls...or grow into them...but it hasn't happened yet...and Smiley is active (well, not in this, one of my favorite pictures).
On September 18, 2009, Braxton had his one year check up! I have delayed in posting this because I have been looking ALL over for the "stats sheets" for Big Brothers Evan and Colson. And would you believe that BOTH of their ONE YEAR sheets are MIA. SO- that means somewhere in this house (in a VERY safe place, I am sure) are two small stats sheets from the doctor's office. I think I remember getting out Evan's when Coly turned one...just to compare...but they didn't make it back to their respective Baby Books. (I guess that's a by-product of Mommy Brain) Anyway- I called the pediatrician's office and got Colson's one year stats- but have not been able to get Evan's because we now go to a different doctor and they don't have records from 2003 in their office (yep- I called and asked for his stats too). ANYWAY- all that being said this is what I have to share...
Evan (at 15 months...because that's the sheet I CAN FIND)
Height 32"
Weight 24 pounds 1 ounce
Head 49 cm
Ammendment: nurse called with Evan's info dated 7/26/03- 12 mos:
Height 31"
Weight 23 pounds 3 ounces
Head 48 1/4 cm
Ashlyn Grace at 12 months (I'll throw this in just for kicks)
Height 29 1/2" - 55%
Weight 19 pounds 14 ounces - 30%
Head 18 1/8 -75%
Colson at 12 months
Height 30"
Weight 22 pounds 13 ounces
Braxton at 12 months
Height 30 3/4"-75-80%
Weight 26 pounds 3 ounces-90%
Head 48 cm -90%
So what this means is that our "smallest boy" at birth is by FAR the heaviest so far. Perhaps all the strangers, family, and friends who say "that boy will be a football player for sure" will be right one day. Braxton LOVES balls... as you can see (this is one of my all time favorites of Braxton - his facial expression was a once in a life-time and so cute)!
Here's Smiley- the day before he celebrated his one year. He loves to play with the "big boy toys" (isn't that a country song)?!?




