CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Music Moves Me...Turn it UP

If you have sound you will hear music start up shortly after you open our blog (so right now you should scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the pause button if you want to listen to the attached links). I thought I would explain why I selected a few of the songs that will randomly play...

One of my all-time favorites for Evan is Find Your Wings by Mark Harris. This is the song that I suggested be played during his Kindergarten Graduation slide show and brought me to tears the first time I heard it on YouTube. Coly knows all the words and calls it the "Yellow Cd Song" (because it's on a yellow CD, of course) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NS7gChzvk

Next would be Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks. This is actually a song that one of our sitters (Erin) introduced to us. She would sing it to Evan and Ashlyn Grace as part of their bedtime routine during date night and they both quickly learned all the words. She had to burn it to a CD so that I could learn it as well. It was so sweet to hear Evan and Gracie sing (in unison) in their car seats a song so precious as this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHe2D9zaoEE&feature=PlayList&p=0A00B59BFC8E1960&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14

Then Colson was born and just about that time Rascal Flatts had this GREAT song out called My Wish. I had heard it on the radio many times and loved it from the first time I heard it. And wouldn't you know, as we were driving away from the hospital (Colson's maiden voyage in the Sub) My Wish started playing on the radio. I will never forget the goose bumps which covered my entire body as every word of that song rang true for the newest Fleming we were taking home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zi4OxJpY0

And now we have Smiley (or Baby, as we lovingly call Braxton). I dono that this would really be HIS song. But today on the radio I heard this song for the first time and as I looked in the rear-view child-mirror (you know those little ones that attach to the car's rear-view mirror) I could not have come up with better words to impart upon his heart than the chorus to this song: Words I would Say by Sidewalk Prophets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cYcMbmbzk

Last but not least, a Sara Evans song Could Not Ask For More. This is the song that I dedicated to John at our wedding. The words to this song are SO exactly how I felt (& still feel) - I couldn't have written it any better if I tried..and I truely could not ask for more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nNsOWD0y_A