So I left to take AG to school in a t-shirt and capris (Debi got Evan...we LOVE the Debi taxi). Smiley's diaper leaked on his PJ pants during the night...so he went to drop-off in just his Elmo PJ top and a clean diaper, of course. Coly was dressed AND in his big boy green Elmo under pants which he just earned back and showed EVERYONE today!!! We got home and I got ready for my lunch date, with Coly's tumbling before hand, followed by school pick up and a dinner date with Aunt Yvonne while Evan and Daddy went to another baseball game.
My lunch date was awesome, I made it home JUST IN TIME for Ms. Kaley (our Nanny Extraordinaire to go to class), woke up Coly and Smiley to head to school, got Evan and AG, came home got Evan ready for the ball game, started to attack Evan's homework, then Evan and Daddy left to meet Papa at the game while Mommy, Gracie, Coly, and Smiley went to get Aunt Yvonne and go to Nero's for dinner followed by some shopping at Ross. Dinner went well-considering that the adults were out numbered AND Braxton likes to "squeal" when he's hungry! (he was very hungry) It was a successful trip to Ross as I got a super cute blingy Guess bag and Aunt Yvonne got some new jammies.
THEN right after I put the three super tired Fledglings to bed I get a call from Evan..."Mommy, guess what...." (and before I could respond) he blurted out with excitement, "I hit a HOME RUN! Yeah Mom, I hit it ALL the way to the fence." "NO WAY"- I yelled..."That is AWESOME!!! (I was SO bummed that I missed it) That must'a felt GREAT?!"
SO when the boys arrived home I got the WHOLE scoop before ANYTHING ELSE...well I did let him take his cleats off in the garage! So here's what Evan and Daddy said happened:
Evan got to bat twice this game. The first time he struck out. The second time he had missed 4 balls and was on his last ball from the pitching machine (in Santa Fe Babe Ruth you get 5 pitches from the machine...so you could technically get all 5 strikes). Anyway- he was ready for the last ball to come out of the machine, and he said, "I prayed that God would help me hit it," and it worked...he hit a line-drive between short stop and second base all the way out to the fence. (swinging in the Gray and Red)
He batted in two runs which were on base and legitimately made it to second base, then coach waived him to third and as the ball was thrown to third the third baseman had a error and Evan turned the corner and headed in to home. You can see from the picture (Thank you Papa...) that he ran around the catcher who had the ball in order to complete his score for the team (catcher on the ground far left of picture). Evan said they won the game 12 to 10!!! (click on picture to enlarge and see Evan's expression- at least his eyes weren't closed) GO EVAN !
AND Evan played catcher this game...first time for THAT too!!!
We are so proud of Evan for doing his best this game...hope the Mood Ring and ice cream he got as payment, was worth all his energy.



