CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Date Night Performance

So I have already told you that Evan is our Jr. Thespian. HE LOVES music and he's not afraid to "dance like no one is watching"...that's one of the many things that I just love about him. Monday (yesterday), I was getting ready for date night in my bathroom. Braxton had already been in there and TOTALLY destroyed it (I mean our 13 month old can make it look like a nuclear explosion happen in our bathroom...all in the short time is takes me to get ready)! So, after I had sent Braxton out to the playroom with Aunt Yvonne and his older siblings I turned up the music and continued with all the necessary rituals for hair and make-up for a great date! While blow drying my hair Evan comes in (I'm sure to see what I'm up to or just to say Hi) and takes the hair spray can that Braxton so conveniently left on the floor...and with his microphone in hand starts belting out the current Contemporary Christian song playing over the ceiling speakers...I love me some Joy FM http://www.thejoyfm.com/ and so do all the Flock Members (just this weekend Colson sang their "commercial song"- words to warm this mama's heart). Anyway-Evan has no reservations when it comes to performance AND singing songs that praise and worship our Lord...



Although he might look a bit in pain...I assure you he is not...he's just feeling the song. Now he is seen with a new mic - the lint roller - same song!



Well then Ashlyn Grace came in to see what was taking up Evan's attention and decided to join in the band. So she gets the once abandoned hair spray bottle as her mic and they are a duo - lip syncing with heart and soul...laying it all out there...they just love praise and worship songs. Their hearts truly belong to the Lord (or GEE' GIS as Colson so loving calls Him).

So you would think that I could remember WHAT song they were singing (lip syncing to because I know they didn't know all the words to WHATEVER song WAS playing...that was part of the laughter for Mommy...they didn't know all the words but they sure were singing it as if they had penned the words themselves). But I cannot remember THIS exact song. Instead I have attached a link to Evan's current favorite song. This is the song that most recently gets the "Mom turn it up (please)" request. (and I LOVE that too) There's no video to watch with the link..but be sure to turn up the volume and take a listen...