CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gracie Cakes' First Manicure and Pedicure

Oh goodness Mom...pictures A-G-A-I-N??!! Even though it's not her best smile, Gracie was SO excited about having painted nails for the first time EVER (I guess I'm of the opinion that it will all happen soon enough...so I just waited for her interest)!!! Since she is 4 3/4 years old AND we are going on vacation, Mommy decided to take her to Julianna to have her nails done! (Julianna has been doing Mommy's nails since she came to UF in 1994- it was just as much a treat for Julianna as it was for Gracie) Actually, to accurately represent what went on behind the scenes...I ran the options past Daddy and he said, "Of course she should have the special treatment, take her to Julianna, she will love that!"


So here are her nails before...




Ashlyn Grace had her choice of 2 wall shelves and a desk stack of polishes. From the endless options she proudly selected this...shimmery purple (you're not shocked right...it's one of her favorite colors and she went to her appointment wearing ALL purple)



Polish is selected and now she's all ready (just waiting for Julianna to return from washing and preparing the manicure bowl)...




Now she soaks one hand while Julianna pampers the other!



Gracie Cakes was pretty serious the whole time, not very chatty, but clearly enjoying the experience!



Now the after: ten perfectly manicured and painted shimmery purple finger nails.





Now it's time for the toes...before:



She was very giggly as Julianna engineered a ripped paper towel in between her teeny tiny precious toes! (you know she had to separate them for the full effect)






Once again, Gracie is very serious about what's going on.





And the after: 10 toes!



When we got in the car she asked if it was going to wash off and I assured her that it will live through her shower and socks for school tomorrow. She seemed relieved, I think she really wanted to show her friends at school. When we got home she proudly showed Evan but seriously inquired to see if he liked the color she picked. Then the SECOND Daddy arrived home she greeted him with, "Close your eyes Daddy". With briefcase in one hand and running gear in the other he stopped in his tracks, followed directions and responded with all the oggle and google she anticipated from her Daddy. (nothing makes me love my Hubby more than watching him love on our little ones)