CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's all fun and games until it's YOUR daughter

Today I pick up Evan and Ashlyn Grace through the pick up line and, not unlike any other school day, there is a lot of commotion in the car. Colson and Braxton are with me for pick up all this week because Aunt Yvonne is enjoying a 5-day cruise with her Mom and Richard. So, there seems to be a lot of smiling and laughter about two special pieces of paper that Ashlyn Grace is holding. Take a look (I think that's TEXTING via notes...and this is only Kindergarten! LOL)
I'm hoping the iWTmu means I want to marry you...and not something super horrible or slanderous. (iLu = I love you, ILAGF = I love Ashlyn Grace Fleming)
So back to the story, Evan is taunting her with treats of telling the girls in his class that Ashlyn Grace has a boyfriend and she then retorts with some treat of telling his friends something (but I didn't catch what it was). As the conversation escalates, Ashlyn Grace is losing the battle and so I try to change the subject by turning up the praise and worship song playing on the JoyFM. All is well and we are belting out the lyrics to one of our favorite songs (I'm sure it was somebody's favorite).
Then we make it to gym (a make-up class) for Colson and Evan and Ashlyn Grace are passing the pictures back and forth (AKA fighting over them, as Evan would like possession so that he can use them as collateral). Then I actually get to hear some of the conversation (while acting like I'm NOT listening of course). And Evan says, "I'm going to tell everyone that you love Chase and he's in love with you." Ashlyn Graces "I'm not IN love with Chase, Evan, I just love him." (yeah- like you love your three brothers RIGHT) Ohhh...luckily I didn't get dragged into the conversation...and I wish my memory was better so that I could document it all...it really was innocent and precious.
THEN tonight we had to run to David's Bridal to pull together some info for our Super Nanny's Wedding and right when we got in the car (just the girls) Ashlyn Grace asked, "Do you have to have a boyfriend and then get married, Mommy?" I knew where all this was coming from and so I calmly responded that when she was much older that she will EVENTUALLY decide that she would like to get married and when she was ready for that, then she would pray for God to bring someone special into her life that she can date. Then they would date for a while and if it was that special person, get engaged and THEN get married. I hope she remembers this advice when she's "all growed up"!!!