Today I didn't wake up planning to give
Braxton his first hair cut. After church and naps, I hauled
everything out to give
Coly a hair cut and
Braxton insisted on "My Turn!" Now after going 25 months without a hair cut I was really going to see just how long I could stand not cutting it...but he was just so persistent (or was in insistent) that I gave in. After
Colson's turn in Mommy's Barber Chair (AKA a two-step ladder/stool), I let
Braxton climb up and handed the camera to Daddy. Here is the back before...you can see those FEW
wispy long pieces in the back...

But the front doesn't look like he needs a cut at all! (maybe a face wipe for that Tang mustache)

So first comes the wet down...Mommy looks serious about this job.

Had to capture the one and only curl this boy has ever had. And believe it or not THAT curl originates at the TOP of his head...it's like a bad Donald Trump comb over- but it's a comb down!

I lift up the back piece (while Evan is strategically holding the bag to catch the first few pieces for the Baby Book) and
Braxton starts saying loudly "OW, OW, OW"...still haven't DONE anything...just holding the hair in position for the FIRST cut! "Ow, Ow, Ow"!

He quickly calmed down once he realized that it didn't hurt...but he was still pretty pensive during the hole process.

This is serious business, cutting hair.

Then Daddy turns the camera over to Evan and check out what
Ashlyn Grace is up to while I'm busy at the Salon. (coloring a picture that her
brother free-handed)

And now look how cute we look!! Ta-
da...we're done! Yet another LAST FIRST, as we added First Hair Cut to the last Baby Fleming's List of Firsts.

Bitter sweet. And as much as B-dog moved and wanted to "see" what Mommy was doing...I think it turned out pretty well. Maybe I'll go to
cosmetology school...in my next life?!?!