CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Evan's Third Grade Bible

Today was a monumental day at church. A day which friends of mine CLEARLY remember from their own Third Grade presentation in the United Methodist Church. I wasn't raised Methodist, so I don't have a similar experience to share, but I hope it is a special memory for Evan. Today each child in the Third Grade was individually presented with their own Daily Devotional Bible. Before everything got underway I had Evan check out his spot (so he'd know where to go and so I could get a good picture of him with his Bible at the alter...can you see ALL the Bibles behind him...there were something like 40 Bibles presented that morning). What a blessing Trinity gave to these young boys and girls.
All the pastors were on stage to assist with this important event and it was the Assistant Pastor David Allen who presented Evan his Bible. This was most perfect because sometimes we attend the Friday night Contemporary Service which Pastor Allen leads and Evan says "I like Pastor Allen the most I think." The alter was jam-packed with parents and family, everyone sharing in passing on the Word.Evan seems pretty pleased with his new Bible. Following a quick glance Mommy mentioned to Evan that THIS might be a great New Year's Resolution! He didn't say no...and the seed was planted. Would you pray with me that Evan will not only be receptive to reading through his Bible daily with me (or Daddy) but that he will seek it and enjoy learning the Word. I'll let you know in 2011 what he decides.
After the service, everyone was invited upstairs for an intimate reception.
Complete with cake and punch.Psalm 119:10-12 (NIV) I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.