CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Celebrations

Labor Day Weekend was so much fun. Aunt Ne and Uncle Stev arrived Friday night...just in time to help with showers and bedtime! (LOVE those willing, extra hands) Saturday morning started early with 3 rocket launches. Although I was there for all three, I didn't get the camera in time...here is the recovery mission of the 2nd rocket launch which landed in the front tree of the neighbor's yard (that's why Uncle Stev has the handy Rocket Retriever in tow! And note that Aunt Ne has puppy Sophie safely in arms, our boys are having a No-Shirt Day, and Gracie Cakes is the cute caboose in her pink princess pajamas).
Now they are repacking the rocket and Braxton is retelling the story (for the 10th time, at least)of the rocket that just went "up sky"! I think Evan is touching up the Launch Pad Chalk Rings.
Then a precious moment: Evan asked Braxton if he wanted to launch the next rocket mission. Braxton, of course, said YES and was so happy to work along side his Biggest Big Brother. This was successful rocket launch #3...love the smoke at blast off. Evan actually let Braxton push the button!
However, the landing wasn't as successful as blast-off. (see the black rocket sitting in the tree...at least it's OUR tree, so Mission Recovery was a little quicker and easier this time)
Later that day we bit off all of our nails as we watched the first UF Football game of the season (UF vs. Miami University 34 to 12). Here are two serious football fans ready for the game to start...Boys In The Hood! (note the continuum of No Shirt Saturday by Little Red Riding Hood)

Sunday morning Grandma and Grandpa arrived with Aunt Yvonne and we hung out while Aunt Ne and Effie went to AMAZING First Assembly. Then Uncle Stev took me to meet the Ladies and have my first burger ever from Five Guys Burger and Fries. Grandma et.al. stayed home with Daddy and tended to the Flock...to include nap for the younger two and one-on-one time with the older two. From Five Guys (yeah...it was OK, I mean good for a Fast Food burger) Uncle Stev headed back home and I went the Aunt Ne and Effie to a super important dress quest/appointment at the local David's Bridal...where we proceeded to put EVERY dress on Effie, in an effort to find the Perfect Bridesmaid dresses for her sister's wedding in July! SCORE...we found it and how accomplished did we feel! So then we return home - just as everyone is rousing and I grab Braxton, plop him on the island, and let him help Mommy make some Cookie Pie. He seemed pleased with the plan!
The rest of Sunday was pretty chill. I RAN to the camera to catch this super spontaneous picture of Boys and Their Toys. Uncle Stev was obsessing with a Moto Racing Free App which he saw on my iTouch and just had to add to his iPhone...while Colson was enjoying typing or Pac Man on my iTouch. Seriously...this is too cute!
Monday the Wickhams headed North (after taking Effie back to her apartment...I like it better when she lived here), Yvonne went to work, and Grandma and Grandpa hung around for some fun in the pool. Then we grabbed some Moe's after getting Aunt Yvonne from work, and returned home to send off Gma and Gpa. John and Evan tackled a chapter of Evan's reading book, then Mommy and Daddy grabbed a much needed nap (during nap time) and then spelling and math were conquered prior to dinner. WOW- what an awesome weekend. I laughed, I had great kitchen -table converation, I napped, and I nursed some nasty post-nasal thing with Tylenol Sore Throat...it was all good. Thank you to EVERYONE who came our way...so much easier than hauling the Flock all over...and what a blessing to have room for us all under one roof. Y'all come back now ya hear!