http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0CzCQFKORM
It was the receptionist at Sun Country Gym (Brenda). She said, "Mrs. Fleming...Gracie has hit her head and we need you to come back to the gym." "Of course"- I said, while simultaneously running to the car.
Prayer immediately followed: "Please let me get there quickly and safely. Please no accidents on the way. Please let her be OK. Please don't let this be too bad. Please let me get there quickly...quicker already."
As I come upon the parking lot I notice a Medical Bronco or Ford Explorer type vehicle in the parking lot. (REALLY???) Now I park the car and run into the building. The medic says (as I'm walking toward the counter) "It looks much worse than it is, I had to stop the bleeding, she's going to be OK, I think she might need some stitches." Right about then I reach the counter (which she it sitting behind, on Brenda's lap), we make eye contact and she bursts into tears (again). The owner asked me to step outside for a second, we did and she was telling me what happened...that part is still really a blur to me like Charlie Brown talking "raa raaa rraaaa raaa"- I cut her off and said, "what time is it?" (thinking that Dr. Budania's office closes at 5:00 and I dono if she has the necessary stuff at home to do stitches, so I need to call her ASAP) I abruptly end the conversation and call Dr.B's office and get the ONLY person in the office who doesn't KNOW me! ahhhhh
Anyway- I'll spare that conversation (which I remember VERY clearly) and suffice it to say that Dr. B was still at the office and had a heads up that I was bringing in Ashlyn Grace with an open head wound. I hung up the cell, told the owner I would talk to her later, walked back to the counter, gently picked up Ashlyn Grace (who has this 4 inch gauze wrapped ALL around her head, keeping pressure on the wound in the very back), load her in Braxton's seat, head down the road and call Daddy on the way to Dr.B's.
Once we arrived, we went back to a room where Ashlyn Grace sat as I spelled most of what happened, as to not freak her out anymore (since she was calming down, from pure exhaustion). Then Dr. B takes a look and says that she will need stitches. She screams "I don't want stitches, no stitches!" Dr.B does a beautiful job of calming her down and then negotiates how many stitches Gracie will get. Dr. B says 5, AG says NONE, Dr.B says no you will need some Ashlyn Grace, AG says OK ONE, Dr. B chuckles and said I should have started at 10. So Dr. B said what about 3 and then left the room to get things together.
I then held a small gauze on her head for 5 minutes (with some medicine that would numb the area for the shot, before the stitches). Gracie was very anxious, asked lots of questions, and when one of the nurses opened a paper wrapper for a gauze or instrument- Gracie almost shot off the bed and yelled NO STITCHES.
Now we're ready for the shot. One nurse holds her hands, another nurse holds her feet and I just talked with a calm voice and rubbed her arm (hoping to distract her a little)...
Now that the area has had a few shots...she's not feeling anything at this point.

Then Dr. B starts with the top stitch. The whole time I am talking to AG, telling her that Dr. B is cleaning her hair, that there will be no more shots and that there's lots of stuff sticking to her hair so she'll need to be still so that Dr. B can get it all clean. THEN the last stitch (3rd, bottom stitch) she felt coming out and SCREAMED..."THAT HURT-not shots". I calmed her down and assured her it was ALL over. ahhhh
Beautiful work Dr.Budania! Didn't even have to shave the hair around the wound.
We promptly drove to McDonald's for a Happy Meal and vanilla milk shake. We also picked up her brothers' dinner and a chocolate shake to split. Made it home, got everyone at the table to eat and Braxton spits up a little on his high chair tray. No biggy, get that cleaned up, continue feeding baby. Later, while doing the dishes, Gracie reports that "Braxton just spit up again Mom!" Sure enough, a little more this time...but still not a huge mess....then again on the way to the shower, in the shower, and after the shower (ALL on the tile -THANK GOODNESS- that just makes clean-up SO much easier).
Then Daddy gets home (LOVE DADDY). Ashlyn Grace is having her hair rinsed ever-so-carefully at the kitchen sink because she didn't want to get it wet in the shower (understandable)- so I was cleaning her hair without soap, as gently as possible. She begins to tell Daddy all about her 'jaxmix' accident and Braxton walks right over to the ovens and does a HUGE PROJECTILE VOMIT... S-P-L-A-T! AHHHH (really...TODAY...we have to have throw up on top of stitches Today Lord...I sure am glad Daddy is home). So John goes to change out of his work clothes, Coly and Evan follow him. Ashlyn Grace remains on the counter top and I plop Braxton up in the sink, strip him down to this diaper and leave him up there on the counter top(out of the puke) while I go to the pantry and get all necessary things to clean up the floor. While Braxton is sitting on the counter (opposite side of the sink as Ashlyn Grace) he is entertaining himself with the hand sanitizer, dishes in the sink, and the roll of paper towels (oh well- he's in eye's shot and out of the puke...so we'll go with it - plus Gracie lets me know when he starts to do something he shouldn't)!
So I get the floor cleaned up, he has one more small spit up in his room (on his PJs) and then he appears MORE than ready for bed as he gets up from the rocker and walks over to his crib and patiently waits to be hoisted in by Daddy. Daddy give him a hug and then goes to the bunk bed room to read to the middle two. I pop a squat on Braxton's floor with my hand through the rails- patting his back and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (his ALL TIME FAVORITE song). Off to dream land he goes. (off to the shower Mommy goes)
Then around 12:15 PM I hear "something" on the monitor that just doesn't sound right. I head to his room and as soon as I opened his door the aroma of fresh throw-up rushed to greet me. UHHHH (I HATE throw-up). I picked up the monitor and said, "John Fleming will you please come to Braxton's room?! I need you! John Fleming please come to the baby's room." (John said he JUMPED out of bed, had no idea what I had said, noticed that I wasn't in bed, and came to Braxton's room as quickly as his legs would move at midnight) He quickly changed all the bedding while I changed Braxton's clothes and got him cleaned up. Back into bed for baby, Daddy and Mommy. Just a few minutes later (almost 1:00 AM by now), back to Braxton's room I go. Call for Daddy on the monitor again...he has sheet detail and I have baby detail. Then Daddy goes back to bed and I stay with Braxton and a towel in the rocker a little while. Once I feel his breathing as calmed, I put him back to bed and hope to get some sleep myself. Ahhhh the sound of NOTHING on the monitor...how glorious.
This morning he woke up and immediately wanted something to drink. So I started with 2 ounces G2 and 2 ounces water. After that stayed down for 20 minutes (mind you the WHOLE time he's following me around with his empty cup saying "mor...mor" and getting very frustrated that I'm not cooperating with his request) I gave him another 2 and 2. I called Dr. Budania on her cell and she confirmed that there is a puking virus going around and it can be anywhere for 24-48 hours. (not good news) Good news is that Braxton was throw-up free today.
All was well, homeschooling went smoothly, shopping was productive (finally got that dress I needed for the reception), and quiet time was relatively quiet. I got ready for a date with Hubby- the Rotary Wild Game Feast and when Heather arrived at 4:30 PM we headed out. No special instructions for Heather (because she's done date night before...she's a pro). We arrive with some friends at 5:30 and the feasting begins.
Around 8:05 PM my back pocket vibrates...it's Heather...it's Colson...he just threw-up. AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quick call to Heather for the details and suggestions: don't give him anything to drink or eat, keep him in the bathroom or on the tile, give him ice chips if he asks for water and tell him we're on our way home!
We arrive home within 30 long minutes and I get the details from Heather while John goes to check on Colson - just in time for the next round of throw-up. John precedes to clean up the bathroom floor, as Colson didn't quite make it to the toilet, I get Colson a new PJ top and get him back into bed. Daddy tucks him in and I put a towel on the floor next to his bed and grab a bucket- just in case. A few more throw-ups for Coly then Daddy heads to bed around 10:00PM.
Poor Colson has been up every 15-20 minutes with dry heaves. I decided that I would just stay up- instead of getting up for all this sickness. I'm GLAD I made that decision. Between Colson's call for help...I have gotten all our 2009 tax documents ready, done a little Facebook, shot out a few emails, mopped the kitchen floor and had time to get this blog done. I have also gone in to console Colson COUNTLESS times between 10:00 and now (1:18 AM). I'm so glad it's dry heaves at this point...but my heart aches for Coly Man.
Hopefully Colson's recovery will be quick and tomorrow today all will be well. I pray no one else gets this puking virus and we have a relaxing weekend! Nighty Night- Mommy is exhausted!






