Yesterday, Friday, February 5, 2009 we brought home Evan's friend Keaton from school. And we hadn't been in the car 60 seconds when Evan says so loudly (what seems like in megaphone), "Oh, DAMN!" I quickly, but calmly snatch my head around and ask WHY he just said that, to which he responds that he "forgot his box for his airplane" in class (as he was fiddling with it in his lap). ARE YOU KIDDING ME (I'm thinking)...you have NEVER used a bad word and now it's in front of your friend from school when we haven't even spent enough time together to get out of the school parking (what a great first impression huh). ahhhh
So what got off to a bumpy start (FOR MOM) turned out to be a great time for all. Keaton and Evan are likes two peas in a pod. They played very well together, both taking turns to "be the boss" or "do what they wanted to pick". And they both seemed to enjoy playing the Wii together! Here's a shot of Mario Cart in action.
Later that evening, while the boys were taking turns showering and completing their routines to get ready for bed, I rounded up the younger ones for a board game at the table. I chuckled inside when I asked Keaton if he wanted a turn and he came out with his dental flosser in his hand (I thought Evan was the only rule-following 2nd grader who was told to floss and does)! At some point I started to sing the A-B-Cs (as you can see it's an Alphabet Game) and Colson nicely helped me to be quiet. It was SO novel and SO COLSON that John grabbed the camera and captured him helping Mommy to "Be Quiet! Stop Mommy, I can do it by MYSELF!"
At bedtime, John asked the boys where they wanted to sleep (offering a variety of cool options) and they decided that they wanted to sleep in our BIG sleeping bag (we use for camping) on the floor in Evan's room. So John went up in the attic, got the sleeping bag, got the boys all set up and joined tired Mommy in the living room for a movie.
After the movie, I checked in on the boys and found this...
It looks like they abandoned their large sleeping bag-bed on the floor and opted for Evan's SUPER COMFY Gator bed!
I think they slept well, because at 6:32 AM (again too peas: early-risers) they were up and ready for breakfast. After some cinnamon rolls and cereal and a little more Wii, I ran to take Aunt Yvonne to work and came back - the boys were all dressed for their Gator Basketball game with Daddy.
Before they headed out the door, it was necessary to have a cap-gun duel...they had such a good time. (look at the two smaller headed at the bottom of the picture taking in all the action)



