Here's the first picture that I took with my phone camera (because I forgot one of our cameras)! I said, "Smile for Mommy's phone Coly." And this is what we got...
Then I saw Albert pass below so we RAN down to see him. Colson was all about going to see him, until we got TO him....then Colson was not so sure about getting close to this rowdy gator! Colson was pensive (but smiling) and looking right at the camera. Just as I took the picture Albert raised his finger to #1, Coly fearfully watched his hand go up and Mommy got THIS picture... (Colson is thinking- what's he going to do with that hand that was just on me but now moving quickly through the air)
So we returned to our seats and captured this pretty cute picture.
For the most part Colson enjoyed the antics of the game. He shook his pom-pom with as much zeal and enthusiasm as the students in the student section. He cheered and jumped and enjoyed his OWN Gatorade (which he had to take the lid off of and put back on between every sip).
And just as we were leaving we caught Albert again and this time I asked a nearby Gator Fan to take our picture together...Coly seems much more comfortable with Mommy to lean into!
Tonight, Ashlyn Grace and I got to share special times at the Gator Gymnastics Meet against the Georgia Bulldogs. (UF won 197.25 to UGA's 197.15) We brought Aunt Yvonne with us and Cousin Stephanie met us at the O'Connell Center.
Here is Gracie sitting in Cousin Stephanie's lap anxiously awaiting the meet to start.
And, of course, Alberta was walking around so we grabbed a shot with her. NONE of the kids seem to be into hugging large green reptiles. :O Sidenote: Ashlyn Grace dressed herself to keep warm, even though she insisted on wearing her jean skirt!
We still have a few more minutes to kill before the start so Ashlyn Grace tried out Effie's monocular (works like binauclars- but it's just one and WAY high powered). I laughed so hard when I saw her technique (mind you this is NOT something she learned from Effie, as Effie doesn't hold her eye closed with the opposite hand)!
On the way to the car, we stopped for a celebratory pose in front of the famous bronze Albert and Alberta.







