SO fast forward to this morning...Ashlyn Grace gets up, nibbles on her breakfast and just doesn't look right (you know the kind of look you cannot explain to someone else...but you know just by looking in their little eyes that your baby is NOT right). I then took her temperature (yep- a fever), changed her out of her school uniform and called the school to let them know that she wouldn't be in class today (and requested that they pray for her in their opening prayers, as she directed me to do)!
Then we went to the dry cleaners (it's a drive thru) and to get some Motrin and Tylenol (because alternating them attacks a fever best in the Fleming Home)! Home again and you would think Colson (still running a low grade fever) and Ashlyn Grace would just wanna lay around...NOPE...it was a long day of Pretend Play. They started off at the Veterinarian's Office (with Ashlyn Grace's new Vet Kit) and then after lunch I participated as they pretended to be going to church. (How CUTE is that..Gracie Cakes asked me to the teacher in the Church Nursery so that they could leave their children with me and go to Big Church)
I sat on the floor in the play room (wishing I had a Flip Video Camera because what I was privileged to take part in today, made-up for the throw up I had to clean up Monday with Colson). This scene- which I only have two pictures of went on for at LEAST 15 minutes and was so stinkin' cute that I was smiling from ear-to-ear and so blessed to be IN THE MOMENT with them...
Here they are: I asked them their names when they arrived with their children (one in each hand) and Gracie said, "Applesauce!"
Mommy: Nice to meet you Mrs. Applesauce.
Gracie: No, I'm Mommy Applesauce and this is my husband Daddy Applesauce!
Colson: Yeah, I'm the Daddy and this is my baby (one on his hip).
Gracie takes each baby and hands them to me with clear instruction as to what I am and am not supposed to do with them. (wish I could remember that part)
So they leave "to go to church". Then the come back and Daddy and Mommy Applesauce greet their children and Daddy gets a toy (ball) for each of them to play with before they leave again. He was SO particular to place each ball right in front of the babies and touching them. OH- and Mommy Applesause added another baby which "she got out of her tummy too". SO before they leave the second time I now have three babies to watch...
I asked Mommy Applesauce what her babies names were and she said, "Grace, Gracie and Gru-Gru" - with Daddy Applesauce right there knodding in agreement! (I was ROLLING inside at this point...I mean this whole thing was SO cute, innocent, and wonderful...what GREAT pretend play) If you look to the right of AG's head you can see a purple maraca...Daddy Applesauce gave me that "to call him in case something happened to one of the children or I needed to get a hold of him". Just to witness the expression on his face as he gently placed the maraca (AKA communication device) on the "table top" so that the "children couldn't get to it and mess it up" and made sure that I knew where it was before he left the room...P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S!!!
What started out to be a day I wanted to Do-Over, proved to be a day that I hope I won't soon forget. Thank you Mommy and Daddy Applesauce for a great time at Church! (of course the real Baby Braxton was roaming around too...mostly playing with Evan's small yellow flashlight and taunting the dog)



