So, I broke out the otoscope (you know that thing with the light that the doc uses to look in your ears- well- we have one just for occasions such as this) and sure enough he had a right ear infection (same ear as last February- his only other ear infection)! I called our neighbor- who is our W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L pediatrician - and she came over to check him out. Before she left she: confirmed his ear infection, called in a script for him, diagnosed Evan with strep throat (remember that fever he came home with from Scouts), called in a script for Evan, and said that Braxton has Reactive Airway Disease, which is basically asthma and he may or may not grow out of it by age 5-6 years. WOW...that was a lot of info for a House Call...not really what I expected.
I got the meds last night before bedtime, dosed both the sickies and sent them to bed. Daddy had to get up and get the humidifier for Evan who was coughing so much that we couldn't go to sleep (yep- still have a monitor in his room...he's on the other side of the house). This morning Braxton was smiling again...
He usually sits in my lap while having a treatment and I snuggle and love on him while he watches Barney or Beauty and the Beast. Oddly enough he gets excited when I start preparing his mask and getting everything all hooked up to the nebulizer. He'll run over to "the chair" and back into me (to pick him up) and then sit there anxiously. Once I flip the switch on the nebulizer he quickly leans into the mask and leans back into me to get comfy for the movie. (I don't usually strap the mask on...I just did that to get the picture)



