Ashlyn Grace went to a basketball game with Daddy tonight (against Georgia Southern) and when she arrived home, she RAN to the couch (where I'm blogging), gave me a big hug and then jumped up, started her hands a-going and asked me if I know this song, "Deep and wide, deep and wide". Then Daddy patiently reminded her that she needs to get ready for bed (as it's 9:48 PM- Thank Goodness tomorrow is a
Homeschool Day) and off she went to get her "
jommies"! While she was out of ear shot Daddy said, "That girl doesn't shut up!" And I said, "And you just noticed that?! Did she sing to you the entire game?" He said, "Yes, and there, and back." (He's loving every minute of it of course). I asked if she sang any REAL song that we know because she LOVES to make up songs, long
elaborate songs, and then she tries to sing them again. He said, "Just the frog song - you know the one about Tiny Tim!"
Ashlyn Grace LOVES, loves, loves to sing. And, as a little side note, currently she calls hand sanitizer (which she has to use all the time) - "
hana-
tizer" - how darn cute is that! (I chuckle
inside every time she asks for some)