CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Quarterly Recap

The first quarter of 2010 has FLOWN by me. WOW

There are specific things I want to remember about the first three months of 2010 (as they seem to speed by with each passing day):


Braxton, as of 17 months has a TEMPER. He will SCREAM and has even been known to throw himself down on the floor (twice thus far) when he's disappointed or doesn't get his way. On a lighter note he also likes to squeeze himself between my legs while I'm making dinner and can repeat this activity 10 times with joy and laughter upon each successful squeeze-through!


Colson likes to ask, "Mommy, can I feel you boobie?" He was born a boob man, loves to look and touch and, now that he's older, knows to ask first! LOL (His Daddy is SO proud and jealous) Tweaking the potty training with Colson has been SO challenging...the boy couldn't hit the potty the WHOLE time if his life depended on it. One afternoon Colson was jumping on the trampoline and came in and said, "Mommy, when is that squirrel gonna get off the fence?"...poor guy just doesn't like animals. He certainly doesn't trust them


Ashlyn Grace is STILL trying to grow her hair out, but doesn't seem to be bothered that it's in her face more than it's not. She picks movies that will please her older brother...when it was her pick (and just know there are plenty of girly DVDs to choose from) she picked Mr. Freeze for her lunch pick and her for her Family Fun Night choice she picked Star Wars...then basked in the smiles and praise from Evan. She STILL gags with one small bite of mashed potatoes...but I keep reintroducing them every so often. (bad Mommy- I think I'm DONE with that quest)


Evan had a playdate with Mark (a boy from his class) on the Friday before Spring Break and they spent over an hour building an Ant Village in the sand box...Evan loves the sandbox. Evan got REAL cowboy boots from Nonnie and Pop for Christmas and has worn them to school EVERYday (but not on Wednesdays because they have PE that day) this quarter. Some random afternoon Evan was ALL over the road and sidewalks on his bike: confident and enjoying his showing off! Evan continues to be strong in Math and challenged with spelling and grammar. Last, between Evan's haircut and losing two teeth Evan is starting to have this Young Man look emerging...scary...he's not old enough...I'm not old enough.